Sunday, April 4, 2010

The new member of the family


Don has been really lucky to be able to carpool in the last few years, but after 8 years of being a one car family we finally joined the ranks of the minivan crowd. We found a used Toyota Sienna from a broker in Tucson and decided that the price was right. It is only a year old, but used as a rental car vehicle so it has about 30K miles on it. The backs seat is one of those "fold and go" deals - which we love and there is an optional seat that unfolds and fits between the two middle captains chairs for and "8 seater" option. I was not in love with the color (Don has nicknamed it "Doublemint") but since I am in the car and don't really have to look at the outside too much (giant easter egg anyone?) I got over it. Super yeah for our children not having to elbow each other the whole trip!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I resisted getting a van for as long as possible, but now that I have one, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE your Sienna. I loved mine. Giving it up caused me to start writing a blog. See: http://cannonexplosions.blogspot.com/2008/11/requiem-for-van-alas-farewell-my-dear.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great van! Who (kid-wise) gets to sit where?

    ReplyDelete

Polka Dots